Last Updated on February 18, 2021 by د/ هشام عبدالباقي
Dr. Hisham AbdelBaki
Dr. Hisham is an expert consultant hip and knee surgeon, with 30 years of experience in orthopedic surgery. He is dedicated to help his patients enjoy an active pain-free life and has excellent experience in the field of joint replacement.
Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery, Ain Shams University.
Head of the Orthopedic Department, Nasser Institute Hospital
Consultant of Orthopedic Surgery, Dubai
- Bachelor of Medicine MBBCh, Faculty of Medicince, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 1986
- Master’s Degree in Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicince, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 1991
- MD in Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicince, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 1995
Dr. Hisham is specialized in adult hip and knee reconstruction including:
- Hip and knee joint replacement
- Arthroscopic treatment of the knee
- Correction of lower limb deformities
- Ain Shams University, since 1988 up till now.
- Nasser institute hospital since 1998 up till now as Consultant, head of the joint replacement unit, and currently, the head of the orthopedic department (100 beds)
Nasser Institute Hospital
- Septic Arthritis in neonates and in infants. Experience in Egypt. The Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty Vol. 18, No. 2, July 1997.
- The use of muscle pedicle graft in treatment of scaphoid nonunion. The Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty Vol. 18, No. 2, July 1997.
- Open Bankart reconstruction using suture anchor. The Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty. Vol. 23, No. 2, July 2002
- Arthroscopic pinning of osteochondritis dissecans of the knee. The Egyptian Orthopaedic Journal, January 2002 Vol. 37, No. 1
- The use of calcium phosphate bone substitute in the treatment of unicameral bone cysts of the humerus. Pan Arab Journal of Orthopedic Trauma July 2002 Vol. 6 No. 2
- Anterior cervical decompression and stabilization using titanium cages with anterior plating. Pan Arab Journal of Orthopedic Trauma January 2003 Vol. 7 No. 1
- Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament in recurrent dislocation of the patella. The Egyptian Orthopaedic Journal April 2004, Vol. 39 No. 1
- Management of femoral defects in revision hip arthroplasty using fully coated stem and bone graft. Pan Arab Journal of Orthopedic Trauma. July 2004, Vol. 8 No. 2
- Minimally invasive hip replacement. Arthroclub meeting, Cairo, 2004
- Femoral defects in revision hip arthroplasty. Arthroclub meeting, Cairo, January, 2004
- Intraoperative femoral fractures during revision THR by long cementless stems. Arthroclub meeting, Cairo, January, 2005
- Waste and abuse in arthroplaty. Specialized medical centers conference, Sharm El-Sheikh, Jan. 2005.
- Management of segmental bone defects in revision THR. Arthroclub meeting, Cairo, April, 2005
- Early results of minimal incision total hip arthoplasty. Hisham Abdel-Baki, El-Zaher Hassan & Atef El-Beltagy. Pan Arab Journal of Orthopaedics and Trauma. January 2006, Vol 10, No. 1
- Hyperbaric Oxygen for Septic Arthroplasty. Arthroclub meeting, Cairo, 9 December 2005.
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction course, Marseille, France, March. 2007.
- Evaluation of initial dome gaps resulting from incomplete seating of cementless hydroxyapatite coated cups using plain radiography. Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty (Girls). Vol. 28, No. 3, Sep. 2007 p.1637-1644
- Conversion of hip fusion to arthoplasty in patients below the age of fifty years. Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty (Girls). Vol. 28, No. 3, Sep. 2007 p.1645-1652
- Revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using autologous hamstring tendons. Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty (Girls). Vol. 29, No. 1, Jan. 2008 p. 1501-1509
- Periprosthetic bone densitommetry after total hip arthroplasty using uncemented fully hydroxyapatite coated stem: Influence of stem alignment on regional bone remodeling. Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. June 2008
- Treatment of traumatic floating knee by ligamentotaxis utilizing Ilizarov external fixator Scientific Journal of Al-Azhar Medical Faculty (Girls). Vol. 29, No. 1 Jan. 2009